Welcome to Open House Shaftesbury
Conceived out of a belief that everyone is created and loved by God. We have seen people in Shaftesbury suffering as a result of poverty and want to be able to help them. This is why Father’s House is setting up ‘Open House’ as an expression of God’s love.
Openhouse Shaftesbury is a ministry of Father’s House Shaftesbury
Within a friendly “coffee shop” environment, a number of different services are offered, including but not limited to:
- Emergency Food Aid provided by Gillingham Food Bank. During periods of crisis we are able to provide clients with food parcels, subject to some criteria. We can also provide household cleaning and toiletries packs.
- Benefit advisor: We have professionally trained benefit advisors. These advisors will be able to advise which benefits clients are entitled to, help make benefit applications and help with benefit appeals.
- Housing Advisor: We have trained housing advisors to help clients make an application for social housing, help support with issues such as overcrowding and anti-social behaviour.
- Budgeting and debt advice: We have volunteers who will be able to give budgeting advice and some basic debt support, or signpost to a specialist debt support charity.
- Support Service: Our volunteers will be able to help in a variety of ways: CV writing and applying for jobs, applying for small grants from local charitable trusts, help with filling in forms and writing letters.
All services are free and confidential. All service are offered through trained professional staff.
The Core Team are – Andrew Baddeley, Alan Kirkham, John Newton and Linda East, with Helen Beecham providing admin support.
Along side the core team there are over 30 volunteers from Churches across Shaftesbury who give their time on Tuesday mornings to serve the community.